Some info on Sam Bendrix at the Bon Soir
See additional information about the new play, Sam Bendrix at the Bon Soir.
Source: The Daily Freeman
One of them will be Keith Bunin, who’s written several plays, including “The World Over,” “A Joke” and “The King of Clocks.”
His latest is called “Sam Bendrix at the Bon Soir,” which will be performed July 1 through July 3 at the Susan Stein Shiva Theater.
The play is set in a smoky Greenwich Village nightclub in 1958. The only character is a singing bartender, who is played by Luke Macfarlane.
“He begins telling about his life. He’s someone who is thinking very seriously about leaving New York, and he’s had a lot of setbacks,” Bunin said.
“It’s sort of fun because the audience gets to play the role of an audience back in 1958. The audience is very much a character in the piece.”
- Luke Macfarlane interviewed by San Diego’s KUSI news
- Luke Macfarlane returning to the role of Sam Bendrix
- Luke Macfarlane to guest on CW’s “Beauty and the Beast”
- Congrats to Luke on his 29th place on AfterElton’s 2012 Top Hot 100!!!
- First look at The Normal Heart playing at The Arena Stage
- Luke Macfarlane in a new erotic, short film entitled “ERECTION”
- AfterElton’s 2012 Top Hot 100 – Voting Time!!!
- Luke to reprise his role on the National tour of “The Normal Heart”
- A good review on Sam Bendrix by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- A semi-decent review on Sam Bendrix by the Pittsburgh City Paper